On Wednesday 1/25/12, students will take a cumulative math test that covers everything we have learned thus far this year. It will cover Chapter 1 (place value, number sense, regrouping, estimating), Chapter 2 (Bar graph, line plot, picto-graph, frequency table, tally chart), Chapters 3 & 4 (multiplication, arrays, repeated addition, properties of multiplication), Chapters 5 & 6 (division, arrays, equal groups, repeated subtraction.)
Don’t forget to take advantage of the online resources below to help your child study.
- Math Resources (including flash cards, hundreds chart, skip counting/multiplication songs and more)
- Math Reteach book (Look in the table of contents for the specific skills or lessons your child needs review with. Each page offers a written tutorial followed by practice problems. Students have NOT done this in class so it will all be new to them.)
- Math Textbook (Students are not allowed to take these home but you can access it online here to review lessons and strategies taught in class.)
- Kahn Academy Tutorial Videos (Click the link, click watch a video, scroll to arithmetic and select the subject your child needs review with)
- BEEP (There are other math games and activities available through BEEP that students have access to when they login. Login info located in clear pocket in the front of the student planners.)
Enjoy and Happy Studying! :-)