Do you believe the end of the school year is already upon us? I have a couple of quick reminders.
- Unless otherwise stated, students are still expected to wear their uniforms daily.
- Bring backpacks EVERY DAY – even the last day of school as I’ll be sending home supplies and materials with the students.
- There is no more spelling, fluency or reading log homework for the remainder of the school year. Instead, students are asked to take advantage of the electronic study resources available. If you have computer access, students should be getting on Destination Reading or Compass Odyssey Language Arts to work on assignments for at least 10 minutes per night. A few students have completed all online assignments, those students can “explore” with other activities on these sites.
- All library books were already due. If you still have any outstanding, please turn them in or pay for them ASAP.
Here is the schedule for the remainder of the school year:
- Friday, June 1st – Multicultural Festival
- Monday, June 4th – Class spirit day – wear a RED shirt! Last day of computer lab.
- Tuesday, June 5th – Crazy sock day! Wear crazy socks with your school uniform. Art special. Last day to turn in pizza money and bring in party supplies.
- Wedensday, June 6th – Class Party day! Still bring a lunch (or buy a lunch) as the pizza will not arrive until later. You may bring in a “G” rated movie (DVD only) for the class to watch.
- Thursday, June 7th – Early release 12:45pm. Last day of school. Report cards issued (if you are absent this day you must pick it up from the front office over the summer.) Wear a white shirt for classmates to sign as a momento – must wear uniform bottom. Bring a board game to play with friends (NO electronic or video games please.) BRING YOUR BACKPACK!