Curriculum for the Week of September 17-21, 2012:
Comprehension: main idea and details
Vocabulary: homographs—words spelled the same but with different meanings
Spelling/Phonics: the sound of long o spelled o, ow, and oa
Penguin Chick Home School Connection with activities to review this week’s skills in English, Spanish and Creole.
Math: CHAPTER 1 TEST ON TUESDAY 9/18/12. Wed – Friday we’ll be beginning Ch. 2 which is graphing.
Social Studies: Maps and Community
- No School Monday 9/17
- Spelling Pretest will be Tuesday 9/18
- Students will still be assessed in spelling on Friday.
- Students should read 20 minutes per night.
- Spelling homework will be checked on Fridays for the entire week.
- On Tuesday night this week students will have vocab menu for homework which means they need to choose 1 activity to do with their vocab words in their RED homework notebooks.
- Please sign or initial BOTH planners and points calendars nightly.