Curriculum for the Week of October 1-5, 2012:
Comprehension: problem & solution
Vocabulary: multiple meaning words
Spelling/Phonics: long i spelled igh, ind, y, ie
Grammar: Compound sentences
The Perfect Pet Home/School Connection with activities to review this week’s skills in English, Spanish and Creole. This week’s vocabulary words, spelling words and reading skill are all in the home/school connection.
Play Perfect Pet Vocabulary Dominos at home to help review for Friday’s vocabulary assessment!
Math: Chapter 2 – Graphing. Bar graphs, line plots, review of pictographs and frequency tables. Ch. 2 Test will be Thursday or Friday! Go to Khan Academy Online for video tutorials and practice. Start with pictograph practice!
Social Studies: Maps and Community
October 1, 2012 Create a Country Project Due!
- Students will still be assessed in spelling on Friday.
- Students should read 20 minutes per night.
- Spelling homework will be checked on Fridays for the entire week.
- On Monday night this week students will have vocab menu for homework which means they need to choose 1 activity to do with their vocab words in their RED homework notebooks.
- Please sign or initial BOTH planners and points calendars nightly.