Curriculum for the Week of October 8-12, 2012:
Comprehension: Plot (characters, setting, beginning, middle, end)
Vocabulary: antonyms (opposites)
Spelling/Phonics: long e spelled “ea” and “ee”
Grammar: Common and Proper nouns
The Strongest One Home/School Connection with activities to review this week’s skills in English, Spanish and Creole. This week’s vocabulary words, spelling words and reading skill are all in the home/school connection.
Math: Chapter 3 Multiplication! We will be starting with arrays and repeated addition. Be sure to check out the multiplication resources on the classroom website!
Social Studies: Columbus Day Activities, Meet the Masters art lesson
Science: Matter (Solids, Liquids & Gasses)
- Students will still be assessed in spelling on Friday.
- Students should read 20 minutes per night.
- Spelling homework will be checked on Fridays for the entire week.
- Reading homework will be weekly again. Tic Tac Toe will be assigned Monday and will not be due until Friday.
- Math homework will continue to be check DAILY though.
- Please sign or initial BOTH planners and points calendars nightly.