Families can increase math proficiency in their children by playing fun games at home. In this FREE parent seminar, you will learn some strategies, activities & games that you can play as a family to increase student success in math. Materials to use at home will be provided, supplies may be limited. Register in advance: http://bit.ly/2hvPdQJ
When students believe they can get smarter, they understand that effort makes them stronger. Learn how simple changes in the way you praise your child can make them into more successful students and people.
Click the link to view the recorded webinar: http://browardschools.adobeconnect.com/p6mzb7gj74qa/
Download the handouts:
- Growth Mindset Movies & Videos for Children by Big Life Journal
- Webinar Certificate
- 10 WHAT Questions to Develop Growth Mindset in Children
- Growth Mindset Interactive Mini Book Freebie
- Parent’s Guide to a Growth Mindset
- Growth Mindset for Parents Webinar Slides
Growth Mindset Links:
- Mindset Works https://www.mindsetworks.com/parents/growth-mindset-parenting
- With Math I Can https://www.amazon.com/gp/withmathican/resources-home
- Big Life Journal https://biglifejournal.com/
Help me Spread the Word to End the Word™. I invite you to join me in an on-going campaign to stop the use of the R-word and pledge #Respect for everyone. Over 650,000 people have pledged their support online since the campaign launched in 2009 and we hope you can join us by making your pledge to end the use of the R-word.
Visit www.r-word.org and take the pledge and pass this email along to all your friends so together we can create communities of acceptance and inclusion for people with intellectual and developmental disabilities.
Did You Know?
- Young people around the world are taking a stand and raising awareness of the dehumanizing and hurtful effects of the R-word and are helping encourage others to think before they speak.
- Special Olympics is leading a global youth movement via a new marketing campaign aimed at shifting the public’s misperceptions about the organization and people with ID. Through marketing activations and events, we will be challenging the youth of the world to become the first unified generation – one that champions inclusion and unity through activities where individuals with and without intellectual disabilities participate together. We are empowering youth to make change in their communities.
- Up to three percent of the world’s population have intellectual disabilities – that’s almost 200 million people around the world. It’s one of the largest disability populations in the world, perhaps you know someone?
- Language affects attitudes. Attitudes impact actions. Make your pledge to choose respectful people first language at www.R-word.org.
The 2018 Quick Reference Chart has been released from FDLRS Reach referencing frequently used Mathematics Interventions in Broward County Public Schools.
During this parent webinar you will:
• learn the importance of consistent reading practice at home
• learn simple, quick, and effective activities that set your child up for successful reading practice
• learn how to build your child’s confidence as a reader
• gain resources for helping your child practice reading at home
Click the link to view the recorded webinar: http://browardschools.adobeconnect.com/p717xeqdhd4o/
Download the handouts:
You may have seen on social media the idea of limited gifts for children this holiday season.
Christina Tondevold, from BuildMathMinds.com did a Vlog on this topic with 4 “Mathy” Things you can get your child. While it is obvious that there is reading everywhere (on signs, magazine, labels, etc.) sometimes we don’t realize that math too is everywhere (price tags, clocks, money, counting, etc.) Take a few minutes to check out the Vlog or read the transcript to inspire you to bring in the gift of math learning this holiday season!
Broward County Schools’ Exceptional Student Learning Support Division’s FAll 2017 Newsletter is now available! Please feel free to share!
Want to submit an article for the Winter Newsletter? We are accepting submissions in Canvas through December 22, 2017. If you do not have access to Canvas, please contact Naomi Church at [email protected] to make your submission.
Join us in our first ever Math Webinar Series! These are research based strategies that will benefit ALL learners, including your students with disabilities. Feel free to share this free opportunity!
Click the link up to 15 minutes before the webinar start time. Enjoy! https://fdlrs.adobeconnect.com/math/
Math Webinars 2018– Download it now to share!