Logging in is Easy!
From the comfort of your home, office or local library or coffee shop! Starting 20 minutes before the start time, click the link, or copy and paste into your browser.to enter the Adobe Connect Virtual Room.
Select Guest, and type your name. You will need speakers to hear the meeting, and you will ask questions and respond through a chat box in the meeting.
Academic Strategies at Home
Wednesday, March 15
This training is based on Marzano’s book “The Art and Science of Teaching.” Teachers use Marzano’s instructional strategies to increase student learning and engagement. How can these strategies be used at home by parents to help build successful students in all academic areas? This one hour Webinar will give you insight into Marzano’s High Yield Strategies at home.
Presented by: Naomi Church, FDLRS Program Specialist
The Family Meeting: How it can enhance relationships in your family
Thursday, May 18
One of the best ways to prepare your children for success in a democratic society is to teach them the “give and take” that comes with cooperative problem solving or decision making. One excellent way to do this is through the Family Meeting. In this webinar, learn effective ways to improve communication with your children. No matter what the age of the child everyone can be active parents in the family meeting!
Presented by: Carol Beitler, FDLRS Parent Services
About the Presenters:
Carol Beitler has worked for Broward County schools since 1992. She has been a special education teacher, ESE Specialist, then worked in the district office as a Reading Specialist and Assistive Technology specialist before joining FDLRS as a Parent Services Specialist and Professional Development. Carol is bilingual and holds a Bachelor’s degree in Special Education and a Master’s degree in Educational Leadership. Carol taught in Chicago prior to 1992 as a special education teacher, and she is bilingual and speaks Spanish.
Naomi Church is an HRD Curriculum/Program Specialist for the Florida Diagnostic & Learning Resources System (FDLRS). Naomi has served Broward Schools for 14 years as an ESE Support Facilitator, RtI Coordinator, Instructional Coach and teacher. Naomi is passionate about professional development and building capacity in teachers and families to increase student success. Visit her math website at http://mrschurch.net.
Learn about the Moving with Math programs by Math Teachers Press that are on BCPS’s MTSS for Math. Training webinars, handouts and helpful links are included. Join the Canvas course today! https://browardschools.instructure.com/enroll/Y4FPYK
Click here for the flyer!
FDLRS Reach of Broward County is a collaborative network that supports educators and families by providing learning opportunities ranging from prevention to intervention to maximize student achievement.
FDLRS Parent Services brings you FREE learning opportunities for parents in 2017!
Click here for information on our FREE webinars that you can participate in right from home!
You can also attend in person parent trainings throughout the county!
- Growth Mindset for Parents will be offered on January 24, 2017 at 6:00pm at Challenger Elementary School.
- Pre-register for this event by clicking here: http://bit.ly/2j5jK4u
- This training will focus on how parents can build a Growth Mindset in their children and even develop one themselves. When students believe they can get smarter, they understand that effort makes them stronger. Come learn how simple changes in the way you praise your child can make them into more successful students.
- Family Fun with Math will be offered on February 15, 2017 at 9:00am at Arthur Ashe Campus and 6:00pm at Virginia Shuman Young Elementary School.
- Families can increase math proficiency in their children by playing fun games at home. In this workshop you’ll learn some strategies, activities and games that you can play to increase student success in Mathematics.