Back by popular demand! We have new dates and host schools for our Family Fun with Math Events for the 2019-2020 School Year.
Families can increase math proficiency in their children by playing fun games at home. In this seminar, you will learn some strategies, activities & games that you can play as a family to increase student success in math. Materials to use at home will be provided, supplies may be limited. Register in advance: https://bit.ly/2GQSUt7
Events begin promptly at 6:00pm and last 60-90 minutes. You are welcome to bring your children for active participation!
- Wednesday, November 6, 2019 at Park Springs Elementary
- Wednesday, February 5, 2020 at Lakeside Elementary
Thank you for joining me at Building Successful Foundations of Mathematics at Home at the 2019 Title 1 Annual Parent Seminar. Please find resources from our session below:
- Building Successful Foundations of Mathematics at Home Powerpoint Slides
- Jo Boaler’s Website: https://www.youcubed.org/
- Parent Resources: https://www.youcubed.org/resource/parent-resources/
- Free Growth Mindset Printables from Big Life Journal: https://biglifejournal.com/pages/printables
- Growth Mindset from the Florida Department of Education: http://www.fldoe.org/teaching/just-for-teachers-community/growth-mindset/
- Handout – Advice for Parents from Professor Jo Boaler: https://bhi61nm2cr3mkdgk1dtaov18-wpengine.netdna-ssl.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/03/Parent-Night-Handout-vF-1-2.pdf
- Mindset Works for Parents: https://www.mindsetworks.com/parents/default
- Family Fun with Math Flyer 2018-19
FDLRS Reach of Broward County is a collaborative network that supports educators and families by providing learning opportunities ranging from prevention to intervention to maximize student achievement.
FDLRS Parent Services brings you FREE learning opportunities for parents in 2017!
Click here for information on our FREE webinars that you can participate in right from home!
You can also attend in person parent trainings throughout the county!
- Growth Mindset for Parents will be offered on January 24, 2017 at 6:00pm at Challenger Elementary School.
- Pre-register for this event by clicking here: http://bit.ly/2j5jK4u
- This training will focus on how parents can build a Growth Mindset in their children and even develop one themselves. When students believe they can get smarter, they understand that effort makes them stronger. Come learn how simple changes in the way you praise your child can make them into more successful students.
- Family Fun with Math will be offered on February 15, 2017 at 9:00am at Arthur Ashe Campus and 6:00pm at Virginia Shuman Young Elementary School.
- Families can increase math proficiency in their children by playing fun games at home. In this workshop you’ll learn some strategies, activities and games that you can play to increase student success in Mathematics.