So of course with school closures and social distancing all face-to-face professional learning opportunities have been canceled, most likely for the remainder of the school year. I’ve received many emails asking about inservice points, especially those that meet the ESE Renewal Requirement. The Florida Diagnostic and Learning Resources System (FDLRS) in collaboration with The Florida Department of Education and BEESS offers self-paced independent study courses that you can take for inservice credit.
You can find the complete list of Independent Study Courses and register at https://fl-pda.org/. Follow these simple steps:
- Find Independent Study Courses on the right side and click “Sign in.”
- Sign in if you have an account. If not, click “Register here!” to create your free account.
- Once you are signed in, click “Available” to see which available independent study course.
- Choose a course that is meaningful and relevant for you and click on it.
- Then click the green band “Complete Demographic Info and Enroll in Course.”
For questions on PDA in Broward, please contact Carol Beitler at [email protected]
A course that is relevant for all educators and a personal favorite of mine is Universal Design for Learning K-12 Lesson Plans. This course is worth 10 inservice points and DOES count toward the ESE Renewal Requirement.